The Cats Protection Gateshead & District Branch is self-funded and run by unpaid volunteers. This means that without the support and kindness of people like you, we would not be able to afford to carry out our work. The veterinary costs for vaccinating, microchipping, neutering, fleaing and worming each cat in our care amount to around £150; then there is the cost of setting up foster pens, providing bedding, litter trays, food bowls and toys; and ongoing supplies of food, cat litter and cleaning materials.
Fortunately there are many ways you can help - from a one-off donation to sponsorship or even a legacy in your will. We are always in need of more volunteers, so if you have some time that you can spare, you can get involved. You could consider one of the following:
- One of the best ways to help is to adopt a cat from us, and encourage others to do so!
- We are in desperate need of fosterers to help to look after the cats and kittens under our care
- Volunteer to help with fundraising
- Support our local appeals and events
- Donate as a one-off or regular contribution
- Donate items to our regular fayres
- Leave a legacy to our branch in your Will